Thank you for your interest in the Storefront Statrtup Program.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be kept on file for one year as we actively attempt to place you in a retail/workspace.
After one year, applicants should submit a new application. In rare cases, we will contact an applicant more than a year after submission.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Size: Chashama's retail locations range from 90 sq ft to 1,500 sq ft. The average size is 400 sq ft or less.
- Cost: Retail space is free to the business owner.
- Additional costs: All spaces require a refundable $250 deposit.
- Prohibited Materials and Processes: Due to the open floorplan, some materials and processes are not suited to our spaces. Please see this PDF for a list of prohibited materials and processes; this list is subject to change, with a warning.
- Eligibility: You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Work Samples: Samples must reflect the products you plan to sell or create in our space.
- Chashama's retail locations are not live-work or storage space. Also, retail locations are not transferable to other businesses.
- Groups: Two or more collaborative businesses may apply together to share a space.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- A resume in PDF form
- Your business needs
- Business Vision (500 words or less)
- 5 images of your products/services (.jpg, .png, .tiff: these may be stills from video work). If submitting video work, please link to externally hosted videos.