Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Holiday market!
In December 2020, Chashama will activate several spaces throughout NYC with winter Holiday Markets, showcasing and supporting local artistsans and small businesses.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Chashama's selection of spaces changes regularly as we gain and lose venues. Our spaces typically include storefront windows, raw industrial spaces, and white box galleries.
- Due to the temporary nature of our spaces, proposals are rarely accepted with more than one month’s notice; shows programmed more than a month in advance are always tentative.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that your work is ready to be shown, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- Chashama is unable to keep applicants updated about the status of their proposal, and will only reach out if/when a space is available for the applicant, or if additional information is needed.
- We cannot program all applicants and prioritize proposals that best work within the spaces we have available.
- Venues require a refundable $250 security deposit for the use of the space.
- Artists/small businesses keep 100% of the price for any work sold in the space.
- Artists/small businesses are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays. Chashama does not provide art transportation, hanging materials, or tools.
- Artists/small businesses are responsible for leaving the space in the same condition that they received it in, or better; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV or Resume in PDF form
- One reference
- Proposal (500 words or less)
- Vendor Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.