Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Enliven New York: Vinyl Window Exhibition
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis and will be kept on file for approximately one year as Chashama actively attempts to program them.
Currently, we’re looking for an artist to design a large vinyl artwork for our window display space in Port Authority.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Artist stipends: $800 (includes the cost of printing)
- Address: 549 9th Avenue, New York, NY 10036
- For more information about the space click here Port Authority. This space is windows-only; no public open hours or receptions are possible. Exhibits run for 2-3 months. Artists are responsible for installation, which must be completed in one day due to restricted access.
- Former Vinyl collaboration: example
- Chashama Programs department will need to approve the final proposal
- Work visible from the street must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that you are ready to begin immediately
- There is a wait-list, however, not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Chashama is unable to keep applicants updated about the status of their proposal, and will only reach out if/when an opportunity is available for the applicant, or if additional information is needed.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference
- Artist Proposal (500 words or less)
- Artist Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.