Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s programming.
We are looking for individual performing artists to activate some of our spaces.
These weekly performance residencies are for artists to perform within art exhibition spaces that already have artwork in them, they will not happen in empty white cube spaces.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Time period: The duration of the agreement will be on a weekly basis. You are welcome to apply for multiple dates. The more flexible your dates are the easier it will be to place your performance.
- Stipends: A $100 weekly stipend will be offered to the Artist
- Deposit: All spaces require a refundable deposit.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that you are ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- Waitlist: There is a wait-list and not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Chashama is a community: we ask that artists support Chashama by engaging with us on social media, sharing their contact list, and being involved with events like Open Studios.
- All performances must be appropriate for all ages.
- Chashama's spaces cannot be sublet.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- Contact information for a professional reference.
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less). Please include how many people are in your performance, the equipment you plan on bringing and using and dates and times you would like a space, and how this opportunity might support your artistic endeavors.
- Artist Statement (500 words or less).
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation. Or, please mention if you have flexibility in terms of timelines.
For more information please email: email@example.com