Chashama is partnering with the Avenue of the Americas Association for an exciting opportunity to showcase artwork in public spaces for the summer of 2020.
We are seeking proposals for a series of large-scale public installation projects by a singular artist or design team. Proposals should be fun, bright and uplifting for the public to enjoy while eating their lunch or strolling along the avenue. Interactive and educational proposals are encouraged.
- Up to $70,000, to include artist fee, fabrication, assistants, transportation, installation, etc.
- 4 - 6 public plazas along the Avenue of the Americas (former sites included 1221 Avenue of the Americas, 1251 Avenue of the Americas, The Hippodrome, 1177 Avenue of the Americas and similar).
- Artist who have a track record of large-scale installation
- You will have to provide a W-9 and state-issued photo ID
- Project Overview
- CV in PDF form
- One reference (someone you have worked with or who knows you as an artist)
- Brief artist statement and bio (500 words or less)
- Detailed design process and timeline
- Images of past installation projects you have completed
- Mock-ups for your proposed work
- Detailed budget for completion
- Links to your website or social media featuring similar installation work