Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Create Program.
Chashama has three studios available in our Upper East Side location at 340 E 64th Street.
Floor plans and Pricing
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Time period: All workspace agreements between the artist and Chashama are month to month. However, Chashama has a longer-term agreement in place for this space, and artists in good standing may anticipate having their workspace for 1 year with the option to renew in 2021 (or withdraw from the program at any time after giving one month's notice).
- Additional costs: All workspaces require a refundable security deposit of $300.
- Prohibited Materials and Processes: Some materials and processes are not suited to our spaces. Please see this PDF for a list of prohibited materials and processes; this list is subject to change, with warning.
- Eligibility: You must be 18 years or older to apply, be a U.S. Citizen, or have a valid visa longer than 6 months.
- Work Samples: Samples must reflect the work you’re proposing to do in the studios.
- Chashama's workspaces are not live-work or storage space.
- Groups and Studio Shares: up to two artists may apply together to share a space, or a selected artist may sublet part of their studio. Each artist is responsible for signing an Agreement and putting down a full deposit.
- Chashama is a community; we request that our Space to Create artists support Chashama by engaging with us on social media and sharing their contact list.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- A description of your art-making materials
- Your studio needs
- Artist Statement (1500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff: these may be stills from video work). If submitting video work, please link to externally hosted videos.