Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program.
This form is for performance-based proposals. If your proposal includes a strong visual component (such as an installation or art exhibition that can be viewed by the public even when performances or rehearsals are not occurring), please use our Visual Arts form instead.
We can accommodate public performances and rehearsals. Our dedicated performance spaces include a covered stage in a building through-way (available in warm weather months only), free theater/dance rehearsal space, and a "fishbowl" space that is surrounded by windows. Performances may sometimes be booked in Chashama's other Space to Present spaces.
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, and will be kept on file for approximately one year as Chashama actively attempts to program them.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Many of our performance spaces or available time slots do not include a PA system or AV Tech.
- You are welcome to apply for multiple dates. The more flexible your dates are the easier it will be to place your performance.
- Any public-facing content (rehearsals and performances) must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that you are ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- There is a wait-list. However, as each applicant has different needs, not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Chashama is unable to keep applicants updated about the status of their proposal, and will only reach out if/when a space is available for the applicant, or if additional information is needed.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space as they found it, or in better condition.
- Small stipends are sometimes available for performances, but should not be anticipated.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- Contact information for a professional reference.
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less). Please include how many people are in your performance, equipment you plan on bringing and using and dates and times you would like a space and how this opportunity might support your artistic endeavors.
- Artist Statement (500 words or less).
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for an installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation. Or, please mention if you have flexibility in terms of timelines.