Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program.
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, and will be kept on file for approximately one year as Chashama actively attempts to program them.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Chashama's selection of spaces changes regularly as we gain and lose venues. Our spaces typically include storefront windows, raw industrial spaces, and white box galleries.
- Due to the temporary nature of our spaces, proposals are rarely accepted with more than one month’s notice; shows programmed more than a month in advance are always tentative.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that your exhibition is ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- There is a wait-list. However, as each applicant has different needs, not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Chashama is unable to keep applicants updated about the status of their proposal, and will only reach out if/when a space is available for the applicant, or if additional information is needed.
- We cannot program all applicants, and prioritize proposals that best work within the spaces we have available.
- Presentations are granted space for up to 4 weeks. Longer residencies can occasionally be accommodated.
- Venues require a refundable $200-$275 deposit for the use of the space.
- Once programmed, exhibitors are responsible for scheduling and staffing 15-30 open hours per week. This does not apply to performance or rehearsal spaces, or artists exhibiting in a window space.
- Exhibitors keep 100% of the price for any work sold in the space.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays. Chashama does not provide art transportation, hanging materials or tools.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space in the same condition that they received it in, or better; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less)
- Artist or Curator Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for an installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation.