Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program. Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, and will be kept on file for approximately one year as Chashama actively attempts to program them.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Chashama's selection of spaces changes regularly as we gain and lose venues. Our spaces typically include storefront windows, raw industrial spaces, and white box galleries.
- Due to the temporary nature of our spaces, proposals are rarely accepted with more than one month’s notice; shows programmed more than a month in advance are always tentative.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that your exhibition is ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- There is a wait-list. However, as each applicant has different needs, not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Chashama is unable to keep applicants updated about the status of their proposal, and will only reach out if/when a space is available for the applicant, or if additional information is needed.
- We cannot program all applicants, and prioritize proposals that best work within the spaces we have available.
- Presentations are granted space for up to 4 weeks. Longer durations can occasionally be accommodated.
- Venues require a refundable $200-$275 deposit for the use of the space.
- Once programmed, exhibitors are responsible for scheduling and staffing 15-30 open hours per week. This does not apply to performance or rehearsal spaces, or artists exhibiting in a window space.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays. Chashama does not provide hanging materials or tools.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space in the same condition that they received it in, or better; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less)
- Artist or Curator Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for an installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation.