This application is for general rehearsal space and low-tech performances in Fall 2019 and Summer 2020. We have a few different types of spaces dedicated to rehearsals and performances, which include dance space, a covered outdoor public space, and a "fishbowl" space that is surrounded by windows. This is a call for musicians, dancers, theater and performances. Small stipends are available for some performances.
We will email you if we have a space that is a good match for your particular needs. We cannot respond to all inquiries and prioritize those which best work within the spaces.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Please note that use of these spaces does not include a PA system or AV Tech. Plan on bringing your own equipment.
- You are welcome to apply for multiple days. The more flexible your dates are the easier it will be to place you.
- Rehearsals and performances must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that you are ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- There is a wait-list. However, as each applicant has different needs, not all programming occurs in chronological order of submission date.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space as they found it, or in better condition.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- Reference's contact information
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less). Please include how many people are in your performance, equipment you plan on bringing and using and dates and times you would like a space and how this opportunity might support your artistic endeavors.
- Artist Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for an installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation. Or please mention if you have flexibility in terms of timelines!