Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program. This application form is specific to the new venue 222 Bowery (Soho, NYC). Please read all the notes about this space before submitting your proposal.
Please do not submit the same proposal to multiple spaces. Apply to your top choice and indicate on that form the other spaces that you are interested in.
Floorplan may be found here.
Interior photos will be available as soon as renovation is complete.
Notes about this Space:
- This space is partitioned into three roughly 11'x31' (341 sq. ft) semi-private spaces with 8' wide front windows, 13' ceilings and a large support, or additional gallery, space in the rear. Chashama programs 2 of the 3 sections, indicated on the floorplan.
- This space will be primarily programmed with group shows 2-3 weeks in duration, but all proposals will be considered.
- Space has been outfitted with new sheetrock and painted white, except for some brick accent walls.
- Exhibitors may apply for one or two sections of the space.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Not all proposals can be programmed and we are unable to respond to all applicants. You will be contacted only if your proposal is accepted or if we have additional questions.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- This venue requires a refundable $200 deposit for the use of the space.
- Exhibitors are responsible for scheduling and staffing 20 public open hours per week. If you need help, we can connect you to a list of potential gallery sitters, but they must be paid at least minimum wage ($15/hr in NYC).
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays for their own presentations. Chashama does not provide hanging materials or tools.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space as they found it; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference (someone you have worked with or who knows you as an artist or curator)
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less)
- Artist Statement (500 words or less)
- At least 5 images of work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for a site-specific installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos. For group shows, include at least one image for each artist included.
- Preferred dates for presentation.