Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program.
- Do you have a body of work or an exhibition idea that will be ready-to-go with very little notice (less than three weeks of preparation time)?
- Do you have an exhibition idea that would work in a variety of different spaces?
- Are you a problem-solver, excited, and eager to take on a challege?
- Then this submission form may be for you!
Sometimes, we get brand new spaces and need an exhibition for them right away. Other times, a planned exhibition has to cancel at the last minute, and we have a great opportunity for the right person who is ready to jump on it. If you can "make it work," we'd love to work with you!
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Our spaces are ever changing, but can include storefront windows, raw spaces, and white box galleries.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitting your proposal indicates that your exhibition is ready to be programmed, or will be ready by the preferred dates included in the proposal.
- Space is granted for 1 to 4 weeks. Longer durations can occasionally be accommodated.
- Most venues require a refundable $200 deposit for the use of the space.
- Once programmed, exhibitors are responsible for scheduling and staffing 15-30 open hours per week (depending on the venue and season). This does not apply to performance artists or artists exhibiting in a window space or lobby.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays for their own presentations. Chashama does not provide hanging materials or tools.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space as they found it; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference
- Presentation Proposal (500 words or less)
- Artist Statement (500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for an installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Any black-out dates when you cannot have your exhibit.