Thank you for your interest in Chashama’s Space to Present Program. This application form is specific to the venue 273 Bleecker St. If you are not interested in presenting at this specific venue (please review notes below), do not submit a proposal at this time!
First deadline, for consideration for September timeslot: Wednesday, August 8th at noon.
Floorplan here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1trX6V8yr0VGjc4B49KHSQxPH-P_0oaIH/view?usp=sharing
Notes about this Space:
- The space is approximately 2,000 sq. ft. of exhibition space with storage space in the rear.
- The ceilings are low; 7.5'. Nothing may be hung from the ceiling, except with special permissions and planning.
- Due to the size (and the wide floorplan) of the space, group shows and shows that include sculptures are preferred.
- There is a 15'x8' booth built into the space (see floorplan) which could be used as a project room, screening room, et cetera.
- The exterior windows retain the signage of the prior business; this signage will not be removed.
- Additional security is provided by a roll down gate; you will need to be physically capable of operating a roll-down gate, or have an assistant who can do so.
- The restroom in this space is not ADA-compliant.
- No loud noise after 8pm.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Programming of this space will begin immediately. Proposals that are ready to go will be given preference.
- Not all proposals can be programmed and we are unable to respond to all applicants. You will be contacted only if your proposal is accepted or if we have additional questions.
- In all of Chashama's Space to Present locations, any work visible from the street (through windows, et cetera) must be appropriate for all ages.
- This venue requires a refundable $200 deposit for the use of the space.
- Exhibitors are responsible for scheduling and staffing 25-30 public open hours per week.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their presentation and for setting up any technical equipment or displays for their own presentations. Chashama does not provide hanging materials or tools.
- Exhibitors are responsible for leaving the space as they found it; Chashama provides materials for restoration.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One reference (someone you have worked with or who knows you as an artist or curator)
- Presentation Proposal (1500 words or less)
- Artist Statement (1500 words or less)
- 5 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the proposal. If proposal is for a site-specific installation, one of the 5 images should be a layout sketch. For video work, include 5 stills and a link to externally-hosted videos.
- Preferred dates for presentation.