Thank you for your interest in Chashama's Lobby Exhibition Program.
Lobby proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, and will be kept on file for two years as Chashama actively attempts to program them.
Currently we’re looking for large paintings and framed photographs/other works on paper to be hung in lobbies throughout Manhattan. Lobbies include: 151 W 42nd St., 1155 Avenue of the Americas, 1133 Avenue of the Americas, 675 Third Ave, 733 Third Ave.
What You Should Know Before Applying:
- Pieces are on loan for a 6 month period.
- All pieces must be family friendly.
- Pieces should be at least 4 feet in width and 5 feet in height.
- The maximum linear dimension of any work is 8 feet.
- Artist should be available for a studio visit.
- Pieces must be prepared for hanging with d-rings attached to the backs.
- Artists are required to wrap their work for transportation to and from the lobby.
- All sales of work are made through the artist and not Chashama or the building. Artist keeps 100% of any sales.
Materials You Will Need For Applying:
- CV in PDF form
- One Professional Reference
- Artist Biography
- Artist Statement (1500 words or less)
- 5-10 images of recent work (.jpg, .png, .tiff) that relate to the artist statement
- Preferred dates for presentation
- Delivery & return of work in the NYC area.
- Installation of work.
- Design and print for run of postcards.
- Website listings and social media exposure.
- Reception (not available at all Lobbies).
All questions and inquiries should be made directly to Chashama at firstname.lastname@example.org and not the lobbies themselves.